Sunday, December 5, 2010

My first Half Marathon!

Ahh!! yes yes, i realize i haven't updated since the 1/2'thon....but ahhh, it was SO FUN and so cool to be a part of! San Antonio is truly such a cool city...and we found this awesome dive sports bar the night before to watch the Baylor vs. A&M game...which sadly, Baylor lost. :(

Kari and i shared some great laughs that night...it was just a random little place with only 3 things on their food menu...sooo strange!! i mean, what?????!!!!

We were cracking up the whole time. :) here is kari with our nachos...that surprisingly, weren't that bad.

We also ordered a pizza, and came to found out it was a frozen DiGiorno's they cooked in the back....ahhhh! But, we got to watch the BU game on tv...and to dad especially, that is all that mattered!!

But back to the run...thankfully, yes, i finished the 13.1 miles, just at 3 hours i think, but what a cool experience and one i definitely want to do again!!!
Here are Kari and I...up bright and early...downing some carb infused drink and power bars my dad insisted we eat...oh, and some sport beans. ha!


Here is all of us before the race...Ben, Dad, Kari & I...

and a super cool avid runner in front of us as we waited to start. uhhh loved the shorts dude...and he was weating a trash bag as a lil jacket thingee :) ...


me after the race - best feeling ever!

I have a feeling this won't be my last run... people have warned me that it gets addicting. :)
More very soon...
Sal

3 comments:

Melissa Darby said...

You go girl! So proud of you! That pic ofthe runner with the garbage bag cracked me up!!!

jana fleming said...

go sal! PROUD of YOU! maybe you can motivate me to join you when hughes gets a bit bigger. love the challenge! xo

Katy said...

Sally!!!!!! I'm so proud of you and very impressed!! You need to be my running trainer! ;)