Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
So how long has it been since i've blogged? Uh...too long! So sorry all you faithful "blog checkers!" I feel like ever since i've gotten to waco i've just been "decompressing" and haven't been into a good routine yet!
But we are loving being back in Texas, and it's been so fun. We are ready for our house to sell, but still enjoying the time with my parents. (although my mom and i did get into a BIG argument last week! hey - we're NORMAL right??) :)
Josh loves his job at Columbus and he loves his coworkers, so that is a huge blessing.
since i haven't blogged in forever, here's a few things that have happened over the past few months:
1. Jackson is peeing in the potty - huge accomplishment for us! it's not ALL the time, but at least he's telling us he has to go, and i think it's just b/c he wants M&Ms!!
2. i do not miss working - ha ha! Sorry Belmont...although i DO miss the paychecks.
3. i got pregnant, and then miscarried a few days after i found out i was pregnant. :( It's been such a process, but i am doing much better and just trusting that the Lord has other plans for another Crosby baby. we look forward to the future with anticipation! it was such a blessing to be close to my family during that time of heartbreak.
Things i am missing about Nashville are:
1. Cheesecake Factory - i know i know, cheesy, but loved having one of those close
2. Sweet church friends at FBC - Lori, Sara, Rebecca, Lesley Ann, the Atkin's...and many more!
3. my house...or shall i say...my STUFF! My CLOTHES!!! my BED, my kitchen...you get the point
4. Fall Weather - ahhh, the leaves were so pretty there
(we love waco tho, and next time i'll fill you in on things i've LOVED having since we've been here.)
Here is a pic of the cutest Jack in the Box you've ever seen!
more soon...really, i promise. :)
hugs to you all!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
We are starting Part 1 of our journey to Texas today!
We head to Hattiesburg, MS on our way to Waco with a car load of stuff. :) We'll be staying with Josh's sister Rachel, and her family and it'll be a fun lil reunion with them as we pass through - it's been a while since we've seen them and it's always so fun for Jackson to get time with his cousins.
Saturday we'll drive on to Waco, Sunday I'll fly back to Nashville.
Should be fun...i'll be in touch soon!
Pray for safe travel and good spirits...eh-hem, for me mainly. I've been pretty stressed and a barrel of fun to be around for poor Josh - ha ha! :)
We're getting there - step by step.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Josh's incredible team of youthworkers had a farewell gathering for us, and check out this gift that Lacy did for Josh. Lacy is an amazing graphic artist and did the church website, and she compiled thousands of picture to make this gift!!
this is what it looks like far away, it's the Student Ministry logo at FBC:
as you get closer, you can see the pics she compiled to create that image: it's unbelievable!!
Thanks so much Lacy - this is so special and we love you! we're going to miss you AND all your talent!!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Ahhh yes, it's truly bittersweet.
This Friday, Josh, Jackson and I will load up the car, and drive to Waco, trying to
remember all pack stuff to get us through 1 month, or 6 months - we don't know!
I will fly back to Nashville on Sunday and finish out what i've been planning at work for almost 8 months now - this Presidential Debate happening at Belmont on Oct. 7th!! Lord help us all - we're almost there and I couldn't be happier and am ready to get that over with! :)
Jackson keeps asking "mommy, when we goin to tessus?"
hugs to you all!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
So, it was just a matter of time before of course, we got TP'd, or forked, or in this case "saran wrapped."
Although we think we know who did it (eh-hem, Josh's summer interns!) we still don't have full confirmation.
Josh does turn 29 tomorrow, so yeah, it was a funny 'lil birthday message.
But, who was cleaning up the melted oreos today? Who was scraping off the trash cans already covered with ants? And who was cutting the saran wrap off with a knife?
Yep, me. I was so annoyed as we cleaned it up...but Jackson and Josh did help. :) It was quite funny as we looked out at it this morning, and once i got my panties out of a wad after cleaning it up, it did make me smile again. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!!!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
oh yeah...6 years ago today we were celebrating marital bliss in New Orleans on the top floor of the Plimsoll Club overlooking the Mississippi River and right outside bustling downtown. Yes, our wedding. 6 years ago? i simply can't believe it and am suddenly feeling so old.
ahhh - it was such a perfect night...i can honestly say that i wouldn't change anything about that night. Actually, it's hilarious, since then as we've looked over pics from our wedding day, josh says he wishes he would have gotten his hair cut a little shorter - ha ha! :)
So this weekend, we celebrated and went on an amazing dinner date to Sambuca. It was fantastic and such a treat to splurge! (thanks to Dave Ramsey however, we had the "anniversary dinner cash" in an envelope - so that made it extra fun to spend!!)
Here are some pics from our fun date - and i have to say, i love my Josh more than i did 6 years ago. I am so thankful for him and what a great example he is and i watch him be a patient father, an encouraging minister and an ever faithful friend to me. I'm a lucky gal. :)
Sunday, July 27, 2008
I hit up these consignment shops often to scope out the goods and see what name brand "in" items i can find with my kinda price. :)
And this week - it was these brand new looking asiscs i got for $7!! yay!! Check em out!
These come in at a close 2nd to the Chacos i found earlier this summer for $9.99!! i was so close to going to Rei to splurge on a pair (for $110) and i am so glad i didn't. :)
Ahhh, the little things in life. these kind of deals make me happy.
gosh i KNOW i have been so terrible on this blog thing - i'm fired!! but gosh - where to begin - this summer has just been jam packed!
Josh has been gone a lot this summer just with random youth ministry trips - he had Choir Tour/Mission Trip, Youth Camp, and now he's in Canada for a mission trip. we'll be ready for things to slow down. I got to go to Youth Camp with him and let me tell you how awesome that was for me. i truly felt like i got so much out of it and i went as a counselor and just wasn't expecting it. something just happens when God is your focus for 5 days straight. so cool. i really felt it rejuvenated my faith. It was also cool to be side by side my husband, watching him do what he loves to do: minister to students, love on them, and built good relationships with them that ultimately point them to Christ. I'm so proud of him and think he's great at what he does and has grown so much over the past couple of years. Not to mention, it was so fun getting to see God work in our student's lives and helping them work through some stuff - it's incredible and I felt so humbled and privileged to be a part of God's work.
ok, so that's all and i have nothing else to add to the crazyness list. why oh why have things seemed so busy then? well, along with all those things, work at Belmont has been crazy and Jackson is just so active and energetic and wants to play when we're home, that i just haven't been good about updating this thing. :)
I shall strive to do better.
Hugs to all!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Hi blog!! It's sally - nice to meet you!
ha, ok, so yeah - it's truly been FOREVA since i've been on here, and for my 2 loyal blog readers, i'm so sorry i've left you hanging. and just was waiting for a good chunk of uninterupted time to write...and ha ha - that just never seemed to happen. :)
This holiday weekend we have had no plans...and can i tell you just how refreshing that really is??! it's also has been good though b/c i've had time to catch up on much needed things. here is just a short list of things that i've had on an unending list and that i've been able to cross off my list and it feels SOOO GOOD!!
- Writing some good emails back to people that have been in my inbox waiting for more quality, uninterupted time for response
- Doing some serious yard work - weeding, trimming shrubs, and assisting with mowing, edging and tree trimming (notice i say ASSIST b/c i barely did a thing with those last few items, i just wanted them done....by Josh!)
- Getting recycling containers labeled and setup in the garage - uhhh, how long have we lived here now? yeah - just got my recyling "curby" for the side of the road this week - i'm ashamed to admit
- Replacing that lightbulb on the front porch that has been out for god only knows how long
- Took the old computer monitor, and old laptop to the correct recycling center for proper "earth friendly" disposal all the way out in East Nashville near the projects where the tom-tom couldn't even find the address...lovely, (but hey - it's done!)
- ironing - saves $ instead of going to the cleaners, but ahhh, the cleaners is just so much faster..i think i am done ironing for a while
- quality time with Jackson - yeah, you know that swing set we have in our back yard and barely use? we've used it this weekend - yippee!!!!
- and i guess i should include...quality time with my Josh...we sat at the dinner table and just talked and talked and talked last night with no agenda, no prior committment to rush out to, and just got to share our hearts
It really is just so nice to slow down, catch up, and enjoy life.
love you all - and i promise, i'll try to do a better job of keeping up with this thing. :)
Monday, April 21, 2008
Ok, so we recently had some pei wei (YUMMMMM!) and while we were there, i spotted this little girl (who was totally american, not even chinese!) eating with chop sticks and i was so jealous! Yes, it sounds so immature, but i really want to be able to eat chinese food with chop sticks darn it! And every time i try i end up getting so frustrated and break them in half, or in this most recent case, just tossed them to Jackson and he had fun banging things with them. Why is this so difficult?
Step 1: Pick up the first chopstick with the middle finger and thumb. Stiffen your hand for a firm grip. Have the broad end of the chopstick lay on the part where your thumb and index finger connect. Rest the narrow end on the tip of your ring finger, and hold it in place with the tip of your middle finger. (Hint: try holding it the way you hold a pen to write. It might rest on your ring finger or your middle finger, held in place by your index finger. Place the chopstick then lift your index finger so it can hold the second chopstick.)
Ok, so was this totally useless for anyone else??
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
5. Talking Loudly: Yes, this again is from my mother. I can't help it, but the volume of my voice naturally escalates when i am on the phone. Or, even if i am not on the phone. Sometimes it's not a big deal, but at times, it's a bit much. i know, i know.
6. The need for SPACE: I think every person in my immediate family needs serious space from other people, space from talking to anyone, and simply space from any responsibility - after a long day, or long week. Well, Ben is the exception, but that makes sense. :) Some people don't need space and are fine with a non-stop, always "on" lifestyle. Not me, not my sister, and not my mom and dad. I am a happier person, after some solitude and quiet.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
So I finally programmed Music City's best country radio station into my car radio. It's about time...i've lived here almost 2 years already and barely know any country hits out there. In addition, it's all our youth girls listen to, well ok - most of them...well one in particular that i have in mind that thinks i'm crazy because i don't regularly listen to the Big 98 or whatever it is!
So yesterday on the way to work, i tune into some country, and the song that is on the radio is by Kenny Chesney (yay!! i actually know who he is - thanks to Renee Zellweger!) not even a minute into the car, i have tears slowly streaming down my face because the words of the song just hit me! (And i'm hormonal and very emotional!) But, the song was called Don't Blink...here are some of the lyrics:
ok, so you get the picture...I am driving to work...alone in my car...wondering why i've just left my child at school (who was sad when i left him!) and I am going to work at a job that is just "so-so," and really don't know when if i really said goodbye to Josh, or told him i loved him, as we rushed out the door. It was just one of those brief moments in life where i really stopped and thought...i don't wanna miss anything! i don't wanna be too busy, or too focused, or too wrapped up to blink and then before i know it, the moments are gone. (ok, i am crying now. i am telling you - this is very therapuetic.)
So the song isn't even over and i change the station - ugh! I just don't wanna cry and be sad! As I'm walking into work i remember the song again and start welling up - ugh! Just wanted to block it out so i wouldn't be sad all day. :)
Fast forward to bedtime last night...it's been a long day and Josh has been gone at a meeting all evening and i just want Jackson to go to bed finally so i can have some "me time" and watch tv. So i turn off the light and do the drill...no more water, no more stuffed animals can possibly fit into your bed - GOOD NIGHT Jackson!
He's been mumbling something lately at bedtime and i can't tell if he's been trying to stall so i'll stay a little longer or what. But last night i finally understood him. He was saying "rock" and he was pointing to the rocking chair that we barely use - except for clothes piling up on it.
I asked him in disbelief, "You want me to rock you for a few minutes?"
"yesh," he told me.
So we got both blankies and our Cars pillow and went and rocked.
Ahh, it was such sweet time. Him nuzzled up to me and gently falling asleep.
I sat there in the dark and realized what a special and unique moment it was - i don't know how long he'll want me to rock him...eventually they'll be a day when he's too big to fit on my lap! So i just rocked and rocked and thanked God for this special moment that he gave me yesterday...one that i may never have again, but a moment i wanted to soak in as long as i could because life moves fast and i don't wanna blink and regret not taking in such special moments life offers.
God was so good to me yesterday by giving me so many chances to slow down, and just play and love on my son. Even if i didn't feel like building the blocks up one more time, only to have him kick them down again immediately - it was worth it. Even though i knew i could be folding laundry, but he wanted me to sit and watch Diego with him for a few minutes, (i am starting to really get annoyed with Diego's voice), i did it anyway. Even thought i didn't want to read one more book, i'm so thankful i did because his excited giggle was worth it.
Lord - you are so good to me and i thank you for blessing me in little ways through my son, or even through a secular song on the radio. May i slow down enough so i can soak in every moment you give me here on this earth, and may they leave such imprints in my mind and memories that i'll never forget what a gift they are.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Yay! it's about time, i am finally feeling better and am not blowing my nose every 2 minutes! :) This really did last about 10 days - just like they say.
So yes, i am glad to be back.
Last week we had some couples over for dinner that will prolly never return!! HA! They got there at 7 pm and my plan was to have Jackson already fed and maybe keep him occupied playing with something while we ate. Of course, that didn't work and he HAD to eat with us. Wait, let me back up in saying it began in just complete chaos. First, i found out that one of our guests didn't eat lasagna or salad - 2 of the 3 components of our meal. we had no other choices to offer him really, so he settled on a ham and cheese sandwhich...dry. and some garlic bread. Yum.
THEN, while trying to serve everyone, and make something for the picky eater, Jackson was screaming CRUUTTONS at the top of his lungs b/c he just had to have croutons that were in the salad i made. (the newly engaged couple that was there seriously looked very frightened. they will prolly be scared to have kids now.) In the midst of all this, Josh was sweet and helping make the ham and cheese sandwhich and insisting on chips, which our picky guest keep declining, there is smoke coming out of the oven. AHHH - i had forgotten that i had my peach cobbler baking in the oven!!! So, everyone is up from the dinner table freaking out, and we open a window in the kitchen so the smoke alarms don't go off. THANKFULLY, the cobbler isn't burnt, it has just overflowed a little onto the oven bottom and that is what was smoking. Now we have a lovely burnt odor to go with our lasagna (and ham & cheese sandwhich) meal.
So, we finally sit down and I realize that another one of our guests doesn't eat salad or garlic bread, so strike two. This is officially a real fun dinner party now. Jackson won't leave my seat, so i graciously go put another seat into the kitchen and sit at the head of the table taking it all in. Fun times. Now Jackson is screaming he wants milk. And garlic bread. good lord. So, i go serve my sweet son all the while trying to insert a few comments into the slightly dry conversation to try to liven up things a bit. Two minutes later, Jackson is done of course. So i take him into the other room to watch Diego for a few minutes, and then i finally join the group only to have my lasagna be cold and nothing looks that good anymore and I remember so very well why we don't do these things very often. Oh well, at least the crazy toddler is pacified. :)
Thankfully, things got better and the talk livened and we had a good time. Everyone loved the dessert, including the picky eaters - yay!! I redeemed myself. The night was slightly filled with strange discussion and very random utube viewings, but all in all, it ended well.
Here is a pic of Jackson in his favorite passtime - having "no diaper time" at home in the evenings. :) Don't worry, i wiped the chair off with disinfectant wipees.
Hugs to you all - and a word to the wise - check with your guests before having them over to make sure they don't have any food aversions ok. :)
Thursday, February 28, 2008
I realize that most all my entries on here are about Jackson, so i shall now take some time and share some of my February Favorites with you - these are just little random happies that make me smile :)
1. The band "Inhabited" - ahhh! they are so fun! every morning i hear their new song on the christian radio station and it just gets me groovin! Their sound is a mix of like Gwen Stefani and Pink and fergie maybe?? anyway - check out their myspace page and listen to the song "Hush."
http://www.myspace.com/inhabitedtheband Such a fun, pumpin christian song! Where my girls at??!?!?
2. Heavy Bangs - yes, i am so into the heavy bang look right now! Not the straight across blunt kind, but the heavy, stacked, razored kind - ya know, like Katie Holmes or Reece Witherspoon. I am thinkin i am going to get some bangs in the near future, but who knows if i'll follow through. I had horrible bangs for the first 10 years of my life - heavy bangs that literally went from ear to ear, ugh. makes me shiver. my sweet mom thought it was cute that my sister and i had these matching mullet type hair styles. SO, since i was finally able to grow them out, and it took forever, especially over the ears, (ugh, shiver again) i may have a hard time cutting them.
3. The Biggest Loser - ahh! am so into this reality weight loss show! If you aren't into it, you must watch on Tuesday nights on NBC. It's inspiring, intense, and this week, it was quite cheesy. Grown men who are exhausted from their daily intense grueling workout were crying, no SOBBING, as they had to say good bye to one of their team members. I realize that this doesn't sound too cheesy, but if you saw this week's episode - you'll know what i mean - it was PAINFUL to watch it was so cheesy with so many tears. Enough already! Josh and i looked at each and just burst out in laughter. and then he made a profound statement, "it's b/c they are so tired - they are so emotional. It's just like it was in pledging - they tear you down to bring you up." Well, there you have it. Thank you KOT for teaching my sweet husband that valuble lesson. How can i ever thank you? :)
4. McDonald's milkshakes - ahhh! maybe it was b/c i've been sick and all i've wanted was soup or ice cream b/c it felt so good on my dry throat, but man, if you haven't had a good ole milkshake from Mickey D's lately, go treat yourself! The chocolate is delectible. They are so yummy, and for some reason, every time i drink one i have to go to the bathroom afterwards. Yes, did you know they are also packed with fiber?!? And, i make myself feel better thinking they make it with the same ice cream they make their 99% fat free ice cream cones with. I don't wanna know the truth! I shall just enjoy...and then go use the restroom. :)
ok, enough of my February Favorites. March is almost here...i gotta come up with something for March....
Stay tuned! :)
Monday, February 25, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Oh yes I did!! Ttoday while taking Jackson into school, i totally tripped on my beautifully tailored pants cuff and BIT IT big time! Yes, i had Jackson in my arms and for some reason, by the grace of God, i didn't fall on him - he was totally fine. However, i do have a huge boo boo on my knee and it was bleeding. The boo boo looked like one i used to get after playing outside when i was in elementary school and fell off my bike or something...but the crazy part is, my pants were totally fine - not even a snag (?? don't know how that happened) or a rip in the knee area, and my sweet Jackson was protected by my arms that hit the ground first - it could've been much worse. Thank you Lord. Jackson even kissed my boo boo as i left him at school - what a sweetheart. Oh, and the icing on the cake was that no one saw me...or i don't think they did. :)
Monday, February 18, 2008
Ok, so the title of this if from one of my all time favorite movies, Father of the Bride. Of course, it's more like, Welcome to 2008 - it's time to get a blog, since of course, everyone's blogging now! Thanks to my sweet sister Kari, who can't get enough updates on her nephew, we thought this would be a great solution to creating an update for friends and family since we're all spread out! As you can see from the pic here, Jackson had a case of the Monday blues this morning.
Hope you all enjoy...more soon!