Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in Waco 2009

Well, the last time we spent Christmas in Waco was 4 years ago…when I was pregnant with Jackson and also due any day!!! :) We normally travel for Christmas, either to New Orleans, or to Naples, FL where my parents spend their holidays, but I must say, even tho we LOVE going to both of those destinations, it was so nice to not have to go anywhere! This year Christmas truly was relaxing and restful and just simply, wonderful!

Josh had to use some vacation days and took the whole week off before AND after Christmas. We’ve truly been blessed to be able to revel in our family time together with Jackson before our family grows, and things get a little nutty for a while.

Here are some pics from our fun holiday time at my parent’s house.

It started snowing on Christmas Eve!! we had to run outside and take a pic...it was nuts and of course, we all weren't looking!

Mom made homemade lasagna for dinner on Christmas Eve...yummy!!

Jackson helped clean up after dinner...where did this come from? I'll take it though!

We had a birthday party and cake for Jesus after our Christmas Eve service

Christmas morning, going through goodies from Santa! He did GOOD this year! THANKS Santa! :)

One of our last pics of a Crosby family of 3! very bittersweet...

Josh cookin' breakfast Christmas morn...a tradition. He doesn't cook much, but does cook a mean breakfast!

Fun presents....i guess i need to get cooking again huh?

Thanks Aunt Beebee, i love my first glove. Aunt Kiki's dog likes it too...

Blessed beyond measure...thank you Lord for friends, family, and our health! What a fabulous Christmas! (and my shirt obviously isn't a maternity shirt...ha ha!)

We all got a hoot out of this...Jackson enjoyed parking his cars in the nativity stable.

Let’s just say it felt like Jackson celebrated Hannakuh! Ha ha, he’s been getting presents here and there ever since his birthday party. This will always be an issue having a birthday so close to Christmas…and looks like BOTH of my kiddos will share that issue. Fun times ahead! :) December will be an expensive month forever more.

Pregnancy Update: I go tomorrow for my 39 week checkup – cannot believe it!! 39 weeks, ahhh! Last week after my appointment, sweet Dr. Rister called and told me he was up at the hospital and set up an induction for December 31st, 6 am, if I haven’t had baby before then….which, looks like we may be holding out since baby seems awfully comfy in there. That is 3 days away - ahhhh! So, looks like a New Year’s Eve baby for the Crosby’s! Updates and more come very soon!!

I have been processing lots of things the last few days. I am thankful that God has given me this time before baby to truly reflect and rest. Reflecting on what's to come, and what has been for the last 4 years with my one and only child! And also to just earnestly pray and lay all my anxieties at His capable feet: Will my baby be healthy? Will all go smooth during delivery? How is Jackson going to adjust? Will nursing go smoothly? How will i manage 2 kids and be the household manager and a godly wife with little sleep? It goes on and on...

Yesterday at church, the guest pastor used Philippians 4:6-7 in his sermon, and then today as we were running a few errands, it was the verse of the day on K-love radio station, so I know God wants me truly to hear and believe this familiar passage. I'll leave it at this:

Philippians 4:6-7 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds, in Christ Jesus."

4 comments:

Edison said...

Can't believe it's already time & can't wait to meet the new little one!

Katy said...

Such a sweet post! What a fun last celebration as a family of three!
You are going to be a FABULOUS mama of two! I can't wait. Lots of unforgettable days ahead!! ;)

Kimberly said...

i am cracking up! jackson did the exact same thing with creighton's cars and my nativity when he was over here yesterday. there were at least twenty vehicles spread out among my manger scene. i even moved them back to the car/truck basket twice and then they'd be back with the sheep again!!! now it makes sense! what a hoot!

i can't wait to meet your new love. all our prayers.

angie said...

Yay today's the day!! I am so excited for you sweet Sally you will be awesome as the mom of 2!!!